Canada Day Mini Cheesecakes!
Happy Canada Day everybody! I have said this so many times, but I have become even more patriotic since moving away from Canada. I love my country and am always so proud to say that I am a Canadian when people ask me.
Celebrating Canada Day has always been a highlight of the summer for me, and so I wanted to keep that tradition up here in Italy. This year however we skipped the BBQ party since we didn't want to risk it with Covid-19 and so I decided to make these quick and simple mini cheesecakes instead!
The recipe is so easy to make that it only takes 20 minutes, PLUS it's a no bake cheesecake, so it saves you from adding extra heat into the house.
You can find my step by step video of the reicpe here :
Canadian Red&White Mini Cheesecakes
1 cup Graham Crumbs
1/4 cup Butter, melted
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 cup Whipping Cream
8 oz (1 pkg) of Full-Fat Cream Cheese, room temp
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
A jar of Preserves (raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, etc)
A pint of fresh Berries
1. Line a 12-muffin tin with liners.
2. Stir together in a bowl the graham crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar. Divide among the muffin and pack it down (it helps using a shot glass, or small jar/can).
3. Using a mixer, whip the whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed until smooth. Add in the sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla, and beat until combined.
5. Using a rubber spatula, GENTLY fold in the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling until evenly combined.
6. Spoon cheesecake filling into the muffin tin over each crust.
7. Top with preserves and berries. Place in fridge for at least 3 hours to set and until ready to serve!